Did you know that the use of salicylic acid (Aspirin) dates back to the fifth century BC? As described by Hippocrates, the bitter powder obtained from willow bark was used to reduce fever and relieve pain – which is very similar to the way we use it today.
But besides being an extremely effective pain reliever, Aspirin also has some other amazing uses which you probably didn’t know about. Read on.
HERE ARE 9 AMAZING USES OF ASPIRIN:
1. Removes Perspiration Stains
- If you are getting ready for an important event, but your favorite white dress shirt has a sweat stain, try this trick: crush two aspirins and mix them with 1/2 cup of warm water, then soak the stained part of the shirt in the solution for two to three hours.
2. Dries Up Pimples
- You have a date, but there is a big pimple on your face.
- Here is the solution to your problem: Crush one aspirin and mix it with a bit of water.
- Apply the mixture to a pimple and let it sit for a couple of minutes before you wash it off with soap and warm water.
- This trick will help you reduce the redness and soothe the sting.
- If needed, repeat the procedure until a pimple is gone.
3. Heals Insect Bites & Stings
- Aspirin can also help reduce swelling and soothe the itching caused by mosquito or bee bites.
- Wet your skin and rub some aspirin over the spot.
- Note: If you are allergic to bee stings – we advise you to seek medical attention at once.
4. Treats Hard Calluses
- These tablets can also help soften hard calluses on your feet.
- Mix five or six crushed aspirins with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas, wrap your foot with a warm cloth and cover it with a plastic bag.
- Leave for 10 minutes, and then exfoliate the hard areas with a pumice stone.